SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in developing and implementing a risk-based audit plan consistent with the organizational goals and risk management process.
2. Leads the assigned audit engagements/special reviews and formulates a comprehensive internal audit work program for the audit of different business units of the Company.
3. Evaluates the systems and controls of the Company to determine their adequacy and effectiveness, ensuring (i) compliance with policies and procedures, (ii) accomplishment of management’s objectives, (iii) reliability and integrity of information, (iv) economical use of resources, and (v) safeguarding of assets.
4. Prepares the audit work papers for review by the Head of Internal Audit.
5. Documents the audit findings and recommendations and collaborates the action plans and timelines with the process owners.
6. Draft the audit/assignment reports for review by the Head of Internal Audit.
7. Prepares presentation material for the discussion with Management during the audit planning, fieldwork, and results specifying the audit objectives, audit issues, and recommendations, among others.
8. Maintains and updates the audit programs and work papers, as necessary.
9. Sets annual objectives/KPIs and perform self-assessment during performance review.
10. Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for Internal Audit department.
1. Assists in the monitoring of the External Auditor’s findings and recommendations as indicated in the management letter and the action taken by the process owners.
1. Evaluates the effectiveness of the Company’s internal control system based on the assigned audit projects.
1. Stay abreast of the organization-wide developments of its policies, plans, activities and/or programs.
2. Evaluates the effectiveness of the Company’s governance, compliance and risk management processes based on the assigned audit projects.
1. Assists in understanding and documenting the reporting process of interim and annual financial information.
2. Evaluate the completeness and accuracy of interim financial reports, including the interim and annual regulatory reports, in accordance with the applicable accounting and financial reporting standards through the performance of financial auditing work programs such as tests of controls, IT General Controls, and substantive testing.
1. Responsible in identifying the training needs for coordination with the Head of Internal Audit with respect to auditing approaches/techniques and other matters/developments relating to audit, governance, risk and compliance practices and industry knowledge.
2. Performs other assignments as may be directed by the Head of Internal Audit.